Thursday, May 8, 2014

Artist Six: Chris Buzelli

Why this Artist?
     This artist was actually introduced to me this morning by my professor.  She thought that I would enjoy his work and after looking through his website, I decided that I really did.  He has some beautiful illustrations and I have decided to make him number six. 

Here are some of my favorites works so far:



ICON7 poster: Drawn Together by Chris Buzelli
Macy's Flower Show by Chris Buzelli
Thistle by Chris Buzelli
Strength in Numbers by Chris Buzelli

 Who is this Artist?
     Chris Buzelli is located in New York City and graduated from Rhode Island School of Design.  He has shown his work in a number of galleries in the United States and also has a large number of clients to design for including Macy's, Sony, Facebook, United Airlines, MGM Resorts, Urban Outfitters, Cox Business, DDB Group Germany, R&R Partners, Saatchi &Saatchi, Arc Worldwide, MRM Worldwide, VSA Partners, McCann SF, Arena Stage, St. Supery Vineyards, Rollingstone, TIME, The New York Times, Tor.com, Playboy, Entertainment Weekly, PLANSPONSOR, Newsweek, Blab, MIT Technology Review, Abrams Books, Random House.  Buzelli has illustrated for two books and predominantly works in oil paint. 

What does he do?
     This artist creates very vibrant and crisp illustrations that have surrealistic subjects.  He creates imaginary creatures and situations by fusing things together in creative ways.  While most of his works are for different clients, it is clear that he has a very distinct style throughout all of them. Bruzelli takes you into different universes in his artwork and makes the viewer feel that anything can happen. 

Why he inspires me?

     This is another artist with surrealistic artworks, which is something that I clearly love.  He also has a distinct style and since I am still trying to find mine, looking at artists like the ones I have been that have this unique style are very inspiring.  I also love a lot of the colors that Buzelli decides to use.  It is almost as if the artist is using naturalistic colors but placing them into imaginary situations (which is something that I enjoy because it makes them seem possible).  Buzelli creates some very interesting illustrations and I hope that someday I can find my own style and be as successful as he has become.  

Some of my other favorites are below.  To check out more of this awesome artist's work you can visit: http://www.chrisbuzelli.com/.


Wall-E by Chris Buzelli
Harbinger by Chris Buzelli
Squirrel Glow by Chris Buzelli
The Evolution of Fairy Tales by Chris Buzelli

No comments:

Post a Comment