Friday, May 2, 2014

A Small Introduction

Why Hello!  

If you have somehow stumbled upon this blog and art is not something you enjoy than you are probably going to have a bad time.  You see, this blog is a place to talk about art and more importantly the artist that create it.  I mean.. if you want to be in the dark about the types of things being created in the world, I completely understand. Some people simply cannot emotionally handle the talents of other human beings.  However, if you feel like learning a thing or two about today's artists or finding some interesting art to add to your Pinterest boards than this is the place for you.  

I don't blog.  I mean I blog now but that is entirely due to external sources.  You see I have just entered my senior year at Christopher Newport University and with this comes a spot in Professor Harris' Studio Art Senior Seminar.  By the end of this course I hope to create my own body of artworks, however, if I am to do this looking at other artist's works is very important.  Collecting and creating other inspirational pieces is also important. So.. that is what I plan to do over the summer and throughout the life of this blog, look at other artists, get to know them a little better and post my own inspirations and some of my own work.  I hope by doing these things I will become better prepared to begin Senior Seminar in the fall and to create a series of my own work.  Crossing my fingers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment