Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Artist Thirty-Six: Stephanie Hans

Why this Artist?
    Stephanie Hans is one of my fifty artists because of the style of her works and the inspiring way she illustrates powerful female characters.  As I work on completing my artists I have been looking more and more at artists that have similar styles to those of which I want to use for my Senior Seminar project.  Hans is no exception to this as she creates works in one of the styles that I have considered using for my own works.

Here are some of my favorites by Hans:

Dazzler and Friends by Stephanie Hans
Original Sin by Stephanie Hans
Tomb Raider by Stephanie Hans
Who is this Artist?
    Hans is a French Illustrator that studied photography and later entered the Ecole des Arts Décoratifs de Strasbourg, which is a school in France famous for its illustration course.  Hans has created illustrations for covers of most of the mainstream french young adult books and has designed covers and pages for many comic books.  Currently Hans is working for Marvel comics and is becoming well known in the book and comic book art industry.  This artist has shown her work in a number of publications and galleries and her work has definitely broken out of France.

What does she do?
    The artist is a professional illustrator that designs covers for many young adult books and comic books.  Hans enjoys illustrating many pop culture figures and comic book characters, however a lot of her works depict females with different abilities and strengths.  Hans works have a comic book/poster style that I really enjoy and may try in my own works.  She uses both high and low contrast lighting to create softer and harder areas in each of her illustrations that make the viewer's eyes run along them.  Han's works are bright but soft looking and I really enjoy them.

Why she inspires me?
    This artist inspires me because of the style she uses to create her works and the fact that she is a woman that has started to make it big in the comic book and illustration industry.  I really do enjoy the way Hans illustrates her female characters and that she is able to put her own spin on them.  Someday I would like to get as good at illustrating as Hans and maybe try out a couple works based on hers. 

If you would like to see more of Hans' works you may click this link: http://grainedepluie.com

Fearless Defenders by Stephanie Hans
Inner Peace by Stephanie Hans
Star Fire by Stephanie Hans

No comments:

Post a Comment