Sunday, July 6, 2014

Artist Forty-Eight: Tim Burton

Why this Artist?
    I picked this artist because I have always loved his works but also because he has such a unique style and has never allowed anything to stop him from illustrating using that style.  Even though his works are very different and not everyone appreciated them early on, he stuck by his style and used his uniqueness to become an extremely well known artist. 

Burton has produced a countless amount of artworks so I have picked some that I enjoyed from his website:


Little Dead Ridinghood by Tim Burton
Untitled (Cartoon Series) by Tim Burton
Untitled (Cartoons Drawing) by Tim Burton

Who is this Artist?
    Tim Burton attended CalArts in Valencia, California which lead to a job as an animator at The Walt Disney World Company but then bloomed into a career making featured films for Warner Bros, Disney and a few other companies.  He is know all over the world and his artwork can be found in many private collections and other museums and galleries including the Museum of Modern Art.  Recently, Burton's works were even collected into a book titled "The Art of Tim Burton".  Burton is a very famous artist, he has created many different types of works and has a very recognizable style. 

What does he do?
   This artist creates works in many forms ranging from collage, drawings, paintings, polaroids, sculpture, film, posters and writing.  His style is unique as he creates very eerie and dark characters and images.  He focuses on a surreal realm and the obscure in his works and uses vivid colors and a lot of shadows to create a darkness to each one.  Tim Burton has a way of taking the dark and eerie and making it almost playful and light which makes him a very unique artist. 

Why he inspires me?
    The artist inspires me because of how dedicated he is to his own style and unafraid to be different.  I know a lot of the time with my artwork I am very critical and wish I could create it using entirely someone else's style.  I become critical when I should be making it my own and be unafraid of making it unique.  Burton is an example to me of someone that isn't afraid to pull anything and everything from his imagination, no matter how other people perceive it, and this is something I want to imitate. 

To see more of Burton's famous works you can visit his super cool interactive site: http://timburton.com/

Untitled (Poppy Dog) by Tim Burton
Mermaid by Tim Burton
Edward Scissor Hands by Tim Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment