Thursday, June 19, 2014

Artist Twenty-Seven: N.C. Winters

Why this Artist?
    N.C. Winters has been one of my favorite artists for a long time because of his ability to take pop culture references and transform them into his own style.  This is something I like to do in a lot of my artwork as well.  I also am simply obsessed with his style of artworks so I have decided to make him one of my artists.

Here are just a few of the many works by Winters that I really love:

Dear Mr. Vernon by N.C. Winters
Down the Rabbit Hole by N.C. Winters
Zelda Endures by N.C. Winters
Who is this Artist?
    N.C. Winters is an artist based out of San Diego California.  He works in a lot of mediums including drawing, painting, digital art and sculpting.  One thing that Winters also does is create a couple series of webcomics.  Winters work has been in many galleries both for individual and group exhibitions.  His works can also be found in Juxtapoz Magazine as well as a number of other publications.

What does he do?
    This artist creates fun and vibrant works of art in his own style.  A lot of Winters' works incorporate pop culture characters and references but Winters puts a unique spin on these well known and loved identities.  Winters illustrates a lot of his pieces by combining natural and material objects and creating interesting relationships between them.  His works catch the viewer's eye and can hold it for quite awhile.

Why he inspires me?
    Winters inspires me because of how flawlessly he is capable of taking what he loves and giving it his own twist.  I think another reason I love him so much is because most of the characters and references that he paints are ones that I also enjoy.  I hope that I can create my own style, like Winters, and begin to create art that is just as colorful and vibrant.  I hope to take pop culture and give it a personal touch that makes it mine. 

Here are more of Winters' works that I really enjoy, to see more you can visit his website: http://ncwinters.com/


Justice by N.C. Winters
Portrait of a Sloth by N.C. Winters
Severed Edward by N.C. Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment