Thursday, June 19, 2014

Artist Twenty-Eight: Tim Rogerson

Why this Artist?
    Tim Rogerson is one of my most favorite artists to date.  I have recreated over 10 of his works using acrylic paint and have even created my own original paintings based in his style.  I love his work so much I even painted In The Company of Legends twice.  Not only is he an artist that does a lot of Disney artwork (If you know me you know Disney is one of my favorite things) but he has a very fun style that is inspired by Picasso and Matisse, two other artists that I love.  I think it is highly appropriate after loving and copying his work for so long that he gets to be one of fifty great artists. 

Here are some of my favorite Disney Themed works by this artist: 

In The Company of Legends by Tim Rogerson
All Their Wicked Ways by Tim Rogerson
Micasso by Tim Rogerson
The Magic of Main Street by Tim Rogerson
Who is this Artist?
    Tim Rogerson was born in Orlando Florida but grew up in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.  Rogerson attended the Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida and earned his BFA in Illustration.  Rogerson has since, become a very successful artist.  He was named an official artist of the 2006 U.S. Olympic Winter Team, was named Official Artist for Disney's first ever D23 Expo and has had his works in many other galleries all over the world, and the Disney Vault as a piece of Disney History.  The artist has also received many honors and awards throughout his career and is gaining quite a reputation. 

What does he do?
    This artist creates a variety of works (mostly focusing on Disney themes now a days) that are all influenced by the styles of Picasso, Matisse. and Degas.  He uses many mediums to create works that are full of life and have a unique style.  A lot of his works almost look like puzzles as he breaks them up into sections and uses simple shapes and vibrant colors to pull them all together. Rogerson's work as very unique and his style recognizable. 

Why he inspires me?
    Rogerson inspires me because his works appeal to my Disney loving side and are also fun and unique.  I have seen a lot of Disney artwork but Rogerson puts a Picasso-like spin on his that is very addicting to look at.  I am also inspired by the way Rogerson breaks up his works into smaller sections, it makes the viewer's eyes travel across them.  I have always loved this artist and always will,  I love his style and hope that I can continue to use it as an inspiration in my own illustrations.  

Here are some Non-Disney works of Rogerson's that are really awesome.  To see more: http://tdrogerson.com/


Legends by Tim Rogerson 
Love is in the Air by Tim Rogerson
The Good Life by Tim Rogerson
I have also included a pretty crappy cell-phone camera picture of one of my current work (in progress) based on Rogerson's style below.  I tried to mimic the way Rogerson breaks up the image and colors. Below that is an acrylic version of Tim Rogerson's "In the Company of Legends" that I painted for my mom (One of many recreations of his work).  Both images are terribly taken but that's all I have for now.  
An In Progress Pride Rock by Jordan Hubbert
Acrylic Version of Tim Rogerson's painting "In the Company of Legends" done by Jordan Hubbert

No comments:

Post a Comment