Thursday, August 21, 2014

Museum Visit Two: Art Bank

Art Bank Entrance
    While visiting Indiana I had the opportunity to visit the Art Bank gallery on Mass Ave.  Art Bank showcases over 30 artists and is a popular gallery in Indianapolis due to the fact that the building in which it is located is an historical former bank.  The second floor of the gallery is reserved for college students to display their artwork and inside the vault, or the "Book Nook", locally published books are sold.  I enjoyed my visit to the Art Bank as it allowed me to see a large variety of modern artworks ranging from wooden sculptures, Japanese inspired prints, black-light paintings and all other types of paintings in one location.  There were so many different styles and mediums of artwork, I am pretty sure anyone could find something they would enjoy.  
    I came across many interesting works at the gallery but I think my favorite artists were Andrew Severns (http://andrewseverns.com/), who did a lot of works using patterns and geometry, Joy Hernandez (www.joyhernandez.com) who does a lot of very vibrant paintings and Katelin Kinney (www.katelinkinney.com) who does a lot of surrealist photography and painting.  
    There was a lot to see at the Art Bank and I am glad that I took the time to go in and explore such an interesting gallery! 
The Book Nook Vault by Jordan Hubbert
More Vault by Jordan Hubbert
Picture of the Main Lobby - Joy Hernandez's Works
More Main Lobby
Artwork by the Vault - Brinton Farrand's Works
Three of Andrew Severns' works that I really enjoy 
Levi Hadley's painting that caught my eye
One of Katelin Kinney's surreal photos

1 comment: